Kyoto Climate & Temperature
- Kyoto, Japan is at 35°0'N, 135°43'E, 47 m (153 ft). See map.
- Kyoto has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall). Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are mild with precipitation from mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Kyoto is situated in or near the cool temperate wet forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 15.3 degrees Celsius (59.5 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 23.7 °C (42.7°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 9.7°C (49.4°F) on average falling to 1.1°C (34°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 18.9°C (66.1°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 8.4°C (47.1°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 30.5°C (86.9°F) and average low temperatures are 21.5°C (70.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 22.5°C (72.4°F) during the day and lows of 13.1°C (55.5°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1581.2 mm (62.3 inches) which is equivalent to 1581.2 Litres/m² (38.78 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2011 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Kyoto you would come out nearest to the climate station at Torres, Brazil where you would find a Humid subtropical climate (Subtropical moist forest biome).
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Kyoto, Japan Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Fukui, Japan - 123.7 kms (76.9 miles) NNE
- Tsuruga, Japan - 76.8 kms (47.7 miles) NNE
- Gifu, Japan - 102.8 kms (63.9 miles) ENE
- Hikone, Japan - 54.7 kms (34 miles) ENE
- Nagoya, Japan - 113.4 kms (70.4 miles) E
- Yokkaichi, Japan - 77.6 kms (48.2 miles) E
- Ueno, Japan - 47.1 kms (29.3 miles) SE
- Tsu, Japan - 78.3 kms (48.7 miles) ESE
- Nara, Japan - 36.4 kms (22.6 miles) SSE
- Owase, Japan - 114 kms (70.8 miles) SSE